Saturday, April 6, 2019



i see it in the bacon bits you make me
a salad arranged in vibrant colors
of the vegetables i most enjoy
the white pepper i cherish
dryer warmed towels hanging, awaiting
message on the fogged mirror
a note hidden in my coat
meet for lunch, love Juliet
awakening from a nap
the book closed and marked
placed next to me
sweet Italian cream for my coffee
the text that seems to appear when needed
always save me the green Starbursts
i could list them all
spend time just counting the ways
you always remind me
you love me
the reason why sometimes i pause 
in the days' confusion
to remember your last kiss
knowing there are more waiting for me
when the day is all said and done
but the most precious of all of these
is when i place my finger below your chin
raise your face up to mine
gaze into those whispering eyes
that is the i love you i not only hear
but more so i live for

3/18

No comments:

Post a Comment