Friday, April 12, 2019



i often return to the restaurant memories
it is Saturday and we are dancing
i am the first to admit
i will never achieve Fred Astaire
but holding you is the better part
while the crowd may think
i am in the command position of lead
we know different
it is those little compliments of yours
that strengthen my moves
not just encouragements but a tad of humor
that you grace me with
it could have been worse
or, couple more decades
you'll be good to go
you are the most wonderful mixture
of encouragement and sober humor
i never will be Fred Astaire
and so blessed to have a Ginger Rogers
who accepts me for a partner
she was the one who first arose
took my hand, led me to the floor
the one who sat on the bench and said
when are you going to shut up and kiss me


2/16/19

No comments:

Post a Comment