Saturday, April 13, 2019



you call them wildly wonderful
admittedly not in the beginning
removing the presence of humanity
takes a focused attention
when the eyes lock into one another
and only two souls inhabit the universe
those moments when i throw off the shackles
of the protocol surrounding us
as when i do that gentle upper shake
holding my arms out, hands drooping
i break into an Elvis rendition of
I Want To Be Your Teddy Bear
that was in the meat section
then there was the scene 
in the produce section
Chance Are, Johnny Mathis
i was worried you might be planning eggplant
raw vegetables make me nervous
the ones you prepare 
a whole different ball game
then there was that time in the bakery
Can't Take My Eyes Off You, Frankie Valli
throwing my arms wide, You'd Be Heaven To Touch
having your eyes upon me like that
that Duchenne smile
my moment for the world to know
but yes i am grateful to that spark in me
that becomes a conflagration
at times when the world seems placid 
it becomes my time
to remind you, i never take it for granted
you are so gracious understanding
i still have to woo you
flowers, candy, cards, hallmarks of amateurs
i quickly moved into the professional category
the day i sat you on a bench
this would be different until the end of time
Artemis would return to a feasting table
have laid the gods at your feet
i am watching a lot of Joe Cocker
practicing, every movement, the cashier line
You Are So Beautiful
and i keep these moments rare for a reason
the rarity you are in a commonplace world 


6/14/19

No comments:

Post a Comment