Sunday, April 7, 2019





they say thieves rule the nights

that the shadows conceal losses
but this is not true
every morning when i bring you coffee
her blend, touch cinnamon, cream, one lump
know we will soon be on our way
duty calls, it is how life is sustained
as i leave thru the door
knowing you will soon be following
my drive to work has given me time
to understand
it is the day that robs me of you
it is the day that is the biggest thief
it is in the light is my greatest loss
now you understand
why i am so anxious when we do meet
for the occasional lunch
as i pull your seat back, you sit
i kiss your cheek
looking at you thru carnations, red, white, pink

i am happiest in my thiefdom
having lunch with you 
it is my way of reclaiming the riches
the day robs me of, you

1/27/19

No comments:

Post a Comment