Tuesday, April 16, 2019



watching you walk across the room
is never a mundane daily vision
when we are together
are moments i cherish most
if i am on some errand
butter, milk or bread
there is not an aisle empty of you
not a single breath i take
or heartbeat
existing without you therein
as i walk in my quest
stopping now and then
to visit the gallery in my heart
to gaze upon you
where life has left me a portrait
working in the garden
crafting in your room 
bringing me your chocolate-coffee
you're kissing my wedding ring
and saying goodnight
the sorceress in the kitchen
my one moment of longing
is only when i reach for the unsalted butter
and in the door your reflection is absent
it is then i remember that first reflection
closing the door 
taking you into my arms
fulfilling the hunger in my lips for yours
it was when you fully understood
there would be moments within existence
when my universe holds only you

2/9/19

No comments:

Post a Comment