Saturday, April 6, 2019



as the Sandman hovers above us
arm around you, bodies relaxed
electrical pulses from the brain surge 
my body slips into a paralysis 
everything is where it belongs
in the security of next to you
lies more than a reward for the day
i am far beyond mere satisfaction
i am floating in a placid being
waves gently guiding me
i leave with you on the Ameles potamos
the warmth of your kiss goodnight
upon my wedding ring
a ritual so among the beloved moments
you touch me with, fresh warmth at days end
that guides me to slumber
life could not have given me more than this
holding you as the Sandman hovers above
now i wish to hold you in my dreams
until morning brings to me
the dream i love the most
as the sun roars into existence
your lips pressed to mine

3/18

No comments:

Post a Comment