Saturday, April 13, 2019



mornings have become a different horizon
free of the call of the office
i now serve you in an expanded capacity
time for you to begin a journey to retirement
no, i will never be you in the kitchen
i delight now in a bakery
where i choose your morning fare
i not only peruse the delightfully crafted
but am allowed to order specialties  
i was insistent on the point
bringing you coffee did not quite
fulfill my mission in life anymore
oh my dear i would never rejoice
you seeking retirement as my chef
but i thought it was time
as you glide near the end 
of the workaday world
we would change up the routine
add some heavenly delight to morning coffee
maybe go bold, microwave some bacon
everything must be done on the fly
cooking utensils confuse me
besides, it is all about hurrying back to you
duty may call, zip up a dress
wrap my arms around you, kiss your neck
spin you around in a Tango embrace
my last passioned fueled kiss 

until my beloved swallow returns
the day only robs me of you

let me bask in my day of writing
as i vision you maneuvering the lanes 
knowing i gave you the sweetest delight
coffee, exotic pastry, microwave bacon
a delicate kiss goodbye
to carry you into a new day
but more so, the warmth my heart bathes in
the Duchenne smile my labors birth
as you return to me the tray
the joy bursting in my eyes
she has cleaned her plate, not a crumb

2/11/19

No comments:

Post a Comment