Sunday, April 14, 2019



there are times when no words come
a flush comes to the senses
never knowing why
a reminder in a flower unable to recall
familiarity in a setting
escapes into an oncoming breeze
times when the mind is a tabula rasa 
unencumbered by the days' trivialities
storm clouds may pepper the sky 
yet hold no forbearance, only empty space
a robin is lost in a song
yet falls upon silent ears
a butterfly draws drams from the colored vases
escapes unnoticed into the horizon  
a thousand grains of sand in time dance in the wind
settle in meaning where i cannot grasp
then you walk into the room
my eyes leap, heart races
my body comes to life, clarity of mind
i only needed my every reason
that makes life dance within me
in a ballet possessed with meaning
and that my beloved is exercising the prose
letting my soul lay upon your feet
where the deepest of our love resides
i am because you are




Abilene   4/18

No comments:

Post a Comment