Thursday, April 4, 2019



one of those days
awake and sitting on the balcony
the sun has begun its' rise
she soon joins me, a joyous surprise
what are you thinking dear, she says
i am not thinking
i am ordering up a unicorn for you
to spend the day riding thru rainbows
in fields of sunflowers erupting in bloom
short spells of gentle rains
clouds lost in waltzes
she leans into me, kisses my cheek
takes my hand, lips brush my wedding ring
we sit in silence as the sun
blazes in salmon, orange, yellow births gold
i noticed in the refrigerator special boxes
what have they made for you, she says
well, my dear, that would be a creation
i paused over in a magazine
took to the bakery and said
can you make half dozen of these for me
they did, now i need to bring the coffee
i shall soon return to you my lady
i disappear into the shadows
dark roast, cinnamon, cream, one lump
white chocolate-hazelnut-truffle cupcakes
microwaved bacon, how benevolent the gods
what is left of the cupcakes she takes to work
some may think it is to share the love
truth is, a treat for the one
who at times passed her love to me
those mysterious envelopes that appeared
discovering in my desk drawer
loves appreciation never needs a name
the deepest love basks in a silence
that the heart can hear



2/13/19

No comments:

Post a Comment