Thursday, April 11, 2019



my first tuxedo
you look so handsome, you said
as if anyone will notice me
standing next to you, i replied
here we go i said
it was a night at the opera
not my kind of venue
not my kind of music
but at dinner afterward, had to admit
the voices were well trained
the music palatable, costumes elegant
the storyline average
did really like a couple of the arias
the acting was above average
all in all quite the spectacle
but as i sat at dinner
gazing at her in that dress
i would have gladly doubled the ticket costs
just to be in that hall
watched her cross the stage
come to the edge and gaze at me
for that ephemeral moment
i would agree to wear a tuxedo
every day the year could produce
we were still in newness of our marriage
but as you can see my dear
after all these years, i have this memory
how captivating you are in a blue dress 

2/26/19

No comments:

Post a Comment