Sunday, April 7, 2019



there are women who enjoy a romantic moment
but never share those occasions in return
my dearest love is a giver and a reaper
upon reaching work, opening my desk
there within is a card
pictured is a woman, hand upon his cheek
eyes boring into his existence
lips in an ecstasy of a promised hunger
bearing a message
you are never just on my mind
you live in it
inscribed in that pen i so admire
the day may seem to rob you of me
there is not a shadow within me
not filled with your every touch
not a crevasse without a bridge for you
to stroll across, be with me any moment
you are not on my mind, you live within
i stole these words from the poet
i so dearly love
but i stole them for you
more than a husband, you are my life
yet, more than life, a promised eternity
how these appear in my drawer
i have never found the source
never searched for a guilty face
but then again, i never wanted to
she who filled the depths of me 
deeper than my heart
she had captured my soul
there is an axiom
if you never have a question
you will never need an answer
with some women, answers are never needed
a smile vanishes any questioning
a simple touch
leaves all the senses reeling in ecstasy

1/30/19

No comments:

Post a Comment