Saturday, April 6, 2019

you stand across the room
it is filled with the din of humanity
looking back at me
knowing i need rescuing
i am not one tonight filled with small chatter
across the room she wears red
at this time i am seeing roses
at this time within i am in need
at this time i long for her touch
she reads my eyes as a falcon
on the prowl
there comes a little sign
only we two will ever know
and as a peregrine in dive
never losing concentration
i hear her wings fold behind
the subtle air soon echoes Isis
the claws with precision open wide
with lyncean eyes, the target is captured
she lifts me from the earth
whisks me away
captive of my sacred raptor
releases me from the small chatter
opening the door she slides in
i close it softly, walk around, take my seat
she pulls me to her
kisses lightly my cheek
she knows these spells
when my mind wanders parsecs away
unable to concentrate on the small chatter
while my face is often read as confusion
it is a relentless ratiocination of compression
corrupted files along neuropathways 
that swirl into a coherent sentence
shall we go have a coffee, she asks
if you don't mind i would like some
and a table just with you
would make me very happy
as i watch the enchanting lights of night
dance across her face
never was there a full moon as beautiful
lost in its' reflection as Li Bai was
he with his wine
and i, drinking in the ambrosia she is

1/30/19 

No comments:

Post a Comment