Monday, April 8, 2019



she has heard a noise
it is my secure the perimeter routine
she was once a bit apprehensive as i left
the room to her was the security
i have assumed that 
now trusts my stealth movements in the dark
my nothing to fear return
assures her it is all as it should be
sitting by the bed i brush her hair aside
kissing her forehead
we begin, it will never happen again
you now have me and all is secure
she knows me, protect her as i would a daughter
adore my wife, listen to her as a mother
it will never happen again
i am the wolf that never leaves your shadow
the lion devoted to the Pride
over the years these incidences
have become the rarity
because when she looks into my eyes
feels my tender kiss on her forehead
it will never happen again

1/26/19

No comments:

Post a Comment