Thursday, April 4, 2019



as i look around
the den is solely mine
except for the little touches
the bookstand is filled with my books
long gone is the need for wall shelving
the computer has become my library 
it was a gift from you
organizing what used to be piles
upon my rather large desk
where now the cats sleep all day
not a doubt you were clearing them space
atop are your decorations
little reminders from you i gaze upon
as my mind seeks a sentence, a word
there are other touches in here of you
they help me focus
your craft room has a few of mine
the ability to wander as you please
taking your music with you
earphones are a good thing, my love
i use them to shut out the world
why sometimes i never
answered the phone
which explains the flashing light
she purchased for me
i would have loved to have been
at that electronic store
as you probably explained, he is deaf
this has a more important message
no matter where we are
we live in each other
it is why in a landscape of lavender
while in Provence, i saw a bit of heaven
reflected in your eyes

2/13/19

No comments:

Post a Comment