Friday, April 19, 2019



her favorite rose is lavender
it was my mother's favorite color
with each rose that i send her
i am reminded of my mother's advice
find a woman with God dearest in her heart
be grateful if she comes to love you
sit at His feet therein and blessings be yours
at the table on some occasions
she sets single roses
one red, one pink
the red one is her undying love for me
the pink one is her gratitude to God
for the love we have found in each other
and when i look thru those two
i realize i have in her the blue rose
that which is unattainable
is the love i have obtained
that which fails the grasp of many
is in love with me
there is no greater treasure
than knowing in our morning coffee
as i lower myself next to her
brush aside her hair
when her eyes open, that Duchenne smile
becomes our first kiss of the day
yes mother, blessings are mine
as every morning i am reminded
in my blue rose


2/5/19

No comments:

Post a Comment